It’s the New Year & I’m a wild fan of lists so I went through and jotted a quick list of the (entertainment related) things I’m most looking forward to in 2017! In no real order:
- Taboo- This is the new Tom Hardy show that will be on FX starting January 10. I don’t know a great deal about it save it’s Tom Hardy and there were some naked filming pictures a couple of months ago 🙂
2. Logan- March 3rd The standalone Wolverine movies have never done anything for me but this is apparently the last time Jackman is going to play the character and it actually looks really good!
3. Caraval (January 31st) by Stephanie Garber- A book about sisters and a strange game being compared to The Night Circus and this beautiful, gorgeous cover…
4. Continuing Books in the And I Rise & Three Dark Crowns Series as well as, of course, A Court of Wings and Ruin.
5. Speaking of continuing things:
Season Two of Stranger Things: What’s wrong with Will? What happened to Eleven? This should drop on Netflix sometime this summer.
6. Beauty and the Beast- March 17th I’m very excited for this one though I have to admit I only just recently bought the DVD of the original to watch for the very first time.
7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2- May 2nd
You can just sign me up for all the Baby Groot merchandise now. (I have zero self control.) Though I’m hoping they didn’t put all his best stuff in the preview.
8. Strange the Dreamer (March 28) by Laini Taylor
The rather vague synopsis of this book captured my attention months ago and then it got pushed back. Which only makes me want it more!
9. Alien: Covenant- May 19th Count me among the people who actually liked Prometheus (though I can understand it wasn’t what a lot of people were expecting). The trailer for Covenant looks awesome but I may have to watch with my eyes closed!
10. The Dark Tower- July 25th I’m a total sucker for an adaptation. This is on my list for the cast alone but I definitely want to check out the book first.
11. Flame in the Mist- May 16th
I am also apparently a sucker for the covers this year. This is described on Amazon as Mulan meets Tamora Pierce so I am more than a little interested/excited about this one!
12. Dunkirk- July 21st Honestly, I always enjoy Christopher Nolan films (though Interstellar was walking a fine line) this has a great cast (Tom Hardy again!) and the trailer looks amazing and I am most likely going to cry!
13. Wonder Woman- June 2nd
Oh, man at this point it’s just a case of, “Please! Please don’t disappoint me again Warner Brothers!”
14. Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo- August 29th
The author of one of my favorite books writing a Wonder Woman novel for D.C? I didn’t know about this until a couple of days ago but I already can’t wait for August! I really hope this isn’t going to be a case of liking the book better than whatever they do in the movie.
15. Thor: Ragnarok– November 3rd
I have to admit a bit of Marvel fatigue so I wasn’t really looking forward to this one until I heard Taika Waititi was directing. I recently watched his film Hunt for the Wilderpeople and I know a ton of people loved What We Do in the Shadows (now on my endless To Be Watched List) so I’m really looking forward to see what he does with the film.
16. Speaking of directors doing the trick for me: Blade Runner 2049
This hits theaters on October 6, 2017 & I am so ready for it! I wasn’t big on this being rebooted or whatever Hollywood is calling going back to the well these days but Denis Villeneuve will, I hope, bring something new and interesting to it. And if nothing else it’s not like Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford are going to ruin it 🙂
17. Star Wars Episode 8- December 15th
Why did Luke leave? Can Rey get through to him? How is Leia going to deal with the events of the last movie? What will Kylo destroy this time out when he doesn’t get his way? What will Chewy do without Han? What about the continuing adventures of Finn and Poe?
How much am I going to cry when we see Princess Leia again?
I hope that some of the other books, movies and television that didn’t make the list surprise me. I hope that this year is fun and interesting and full of great stories. And as always crossing my fingers for a Winds of Winter release date!